A hard reset can resolve most common software problem. It will also delete everything on your device. All your data will be deleted, and formats, preferences and other settings are restored to their factory default settings. Don't perform a hard reset unless you've backed up your data, or you're willing to lose everything.
- Disconnect your smartphone from its AC charger and USB sync cable. The hard reset will not work if either of these is connected.
- Remove the battery cover, take out the battery, and put it back in.
- When the Palm logo appears, press and hold Power/End button until the black status bar at the bottom of the screen fills and disappears.
- The screen will go blank briefly, then you'll see an "Erase all data?" prompt.
Release Power/End .
Press Up to confirm the hard reset.
- If the language selection screen appears, select the same language you selected for your desktop software. Then you'll be prompted to tap targets and set up your device. When these steps are done, your device is ready for use.